Recommendations for Enhancing the body’s ability to address Varicose Veins
What causes varicose veins and spider veins?
The heart pumps blood filled with oxygen and nutrients to the whole body. Arteries carry blood from the heart towards the body parts. Veins carry oxygen-poor blood from the body back to the heart.
The squeezing of leg muscles pumps blood back to the heart from the lower body. Veins have valves that act as one-way flaps. These valves prevent the blood from flowing backwards as it moves up the legs. If the one-way valves become weak, blood can leak back into the vein and collect there. This problem is called venous insufficiency. Pooled blood enlarges the vein and it becomes varicose. Spider veins can also be caused by the backup of blood. Hormone changes, inherited factors, and exposure to the sun can also cause spider veins.
1. NHS Magnetic/Infra-red Sleep System - consisting of a magnetic mattress pad, a space age foam Magnetic Pillow, and a special Comforter, which has Far Infra-red properties for acid neutralization.
- Research indicates that a magnetic field improves circulation, allowing for improved recovery from discomforts, and better overall body functioning.
- The far-infrared materials in the sleep system help neutralize acids (i.e.: toxins) within the body to maintain proper pH (slightly alkaline). Acidity in the body can cause discomfort, and can raise the chances for disease to take hold.
- Studies and our experience have shown that people sleep more soundly with this system, and ultimately require less time in bed (usually about ½ hour less).
2. PowerStride Magnetic Shoes Inserts -- These magnetic shoe inserts are made to stimulate circulation in the feet and lower leg. They also significantly increase balance/stability and overall body strength and energy. (Again, these results can be demonstrated with the simple tests outlined on pg. 15 of our catalog, or on our website, www.TheNHScenter.com).
3. Ensure Proper Nutrition: Many health issues can occur as a result of nutritional deficiencies. Having a health issue can increase your nutritional needs, as your body is fighting to regain health.
- Natural Garlic supplement - This supplement assists in thinning and detoxifying the blood, and allowing it to better circulate.
- Nutritional supplements can help ensure that your body has the nutrition it needs to accomplish the healing and maintenance processes.
- We offer an exceptional line of nutrition supplements that were developed through collaboration with a gifted herbalist, and are made here in the United States to pharmaceutical standards. They contain the most effective ingredients, from the highest quality sources available, to accomplish their targeted purpose. The simple Muscle Response Test outlined on pgs. 16 & 17 of our catalog will help you to choose the supplement(s) that your body needs most. This test method, which is used by the large majority of Herbalists, Naturopathic Physicians and Acupuncturists, allows you to get objective, measurable feedback from your body as to what it needs to optimize its health.
- If you are in the Tri-Cities area, we can do this testing for you. If you are not, you will find that it is simple to do for your self. No special skills are required; just follow the directions on pgs 16 & 17 of our catalog (or on our website).]
4. Infra-red Socks – Made from similar material as the comforter noted above. Neutralizes acids in the body and provides needed energy to deep tissue.
5. Arthrolife Cream – Reduces discomfort and inflammation. Arthrolife includes the following
- CM (Cetyl Myristoleate: “Down regulates” your natural inflammation process to achieve an 87 percent reduction of discomfort(from Arthrolife’s literature) and swelling. Some of the major issues that CM has been known to help with are:
- Piercing pain
- Sore Muscles
- Sleep Disruption
- Emu Oil: Carries nutrients through your skin, reduces inflammation, lubricates and relaxes joints, tendons and muscles.
- Menthol: Carries nutrients through your skin, activates “cooling” sensors to ease any burning discomfort and inflammation. Menthol also dilates blood vessels to increase blood flow to joints, which reduces swelling.
- Aloe Vera: Stimulates collagen and elastin activity, which regenerates tissues for greater flexibility and ease of movement. Also, promotes a healthy inflammatory response and wound healing. Aloe also is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects, which help lessen pain. One study done at the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia marked a 58 percent reduction in inflamed areas using aloe.
- Vitamin E (as tocopherol acetate): Reduces risk of knee discomfort and cartilage loss, stops morning stiffness and swelling, alleviates hip pain from pressure and movement. Vitamin E compliments other joint nutrients to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid): Increases bone mineral density for stronger bones and spine. Also, provides analgesic properties to reduce inflammation.
6. Additional Ways to Reduce Discomforts
- Magnassage- Increases circulation, and reduces discomfort by half in about 3 minutes.
- KenkoWave Infrared Treatment System -- The handheld KenkoWave Infrared Treatment System, which was developed by NASA, uses natural infrared energy to increase circulation, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. This FDA approved Class II medical device is available without a prescription.
Mattress Pad Research
Far Infra-red Benefits
Infra-red sock information
Cleveland Clinic’s Website
Chesapeake Pharmaceuticals – ArthroLife
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.