NHSC recommendations for SkinConditions (Psoriasis, Eczema, Rosacea)
What is it?
- Psoriasis is a chronic, inflammatory disorder of the skin. It is not contagious. It results from an abnormally rapid multiplication of the cells of the epidermal layer of the skin.
- Eczema, or dermatitis as it is sometimes called, is an inflammatory skin disorder. The severity of this disease can vary. In mild forms the skin is dry, hot, and itchy. In the more severe cases, the skin can become broken, raw, and bleeding. It is not contagious, but can become very unsightly.
- Rosacea is clinically defined as a chronic skin disease that causes redness and swelling, primarily on the face.
- Some skin conditions are associated with extreme itching, chaffing, cracking, burning, and scaling. These conditions cause extreme discomfort, and unsightliness. They may be due to the factors listed above, or to immune issues, digestive issues, or toxins that the body cannot easily drive out of the system.
Skin Irritation appears to be caused by a mysterious combination of factors in sensitive individuals. These factors include:
- Stress or emotional feelings
- Temperature or humidity changes
- Allergies (mold, dust, pollen, animal dander, etc.)
- Chemical sensitivity to perfumes, soaps, pesticides, detergents, chlorine
- Air pollution
- Physical irritants, such as clothes made of rough or synthetic fabrics
- Infections of any kind
- Toxins in the body
- Greasy foods
Arthrolife Cream – Reduces discomfort and inflammation. Arthrolife includes the following ingredients:
- Cetyl Myristoleate (CM): “Down regulates” your natural inflammation process to achieve an 87 percent reduction of discomfort (from Arthrolife’s literature) and swelling. Cetyl Myristoleate is also an immune modulator, which means it assists with balancing out the body’s immune function. Some of the major issues that CM has been known to help with are: piercing pain, swelling. stiffness, aching, inflammation, tenderness
- Emu Oil: Helps Carry nutrients through your skin effectively, reduces inflammation, lubricates and relaxes joints, tendons and muscles.
Menthol: Carries nutrients through your skin, activates “cooling” sensors to ease any burning discomfort and inflammation. Menthol also dilates blood vessels to increase blood flow to joints, which reduces swelling.
- Aloe Vera: Stimulates collagen and elastin activity, which regenerates tissues for greater flexibility and ease of movement. Also, promotes a healthy inflammatory response and wound healing. Aloe also is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects, which help lessen pain. One study done at the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia marked a 58 percent reduction in inflamed areas using aloe.
- Vitamin E (as tocopherol acetate): Reduces risk of knee discomfort and cartilage loss, stops morning stiffness and swelling, alleviates hip pain from pressure and movement. Vitamin E compliments other joint nutrients to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid): Increases bone mineral density for stronger bones and spine. Also, provides analgesic properties to reduce inflammation.
Infrared Comforter – Provides infrared energy, which neutralizes acids in the body. Acid (Toxin) build up in the body may be a factor in skin irritations.
Nature Shield Immunity Support - Made up of 14 different species of mushrooms, each with well documented abilities to boost specific aspects of your immune system. Immune System Modulator – balances immune system to help it distinguish between good cells and bad cells that should be attacked. Body repairs more effectively.
Pi-Mag Shower System – Ionizes the water and removes Chlorine from it. Ionization has the effect of softening the water. Chlorine dries the skin (very significantly). Removing it allows for much improved skin hydration (i.e.: less itching)
KenkoWave Infrared Treatment System -- The handheld KenkoWave Infrared Treatment System, which was developed by NASA, uses natural infrared energy to increase circulation, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. This FDA approved Class II medical device is available without a prescription (Cost= $311.00)
Detoxify the body
- Natural Garlic supplement - This supplement assists in thinning and detoxifying the blood, and allowing it to better circulate.
- De-toxion Pads - De-toxion Pads are placed on the bottom of the foot before bed. As you sleep the De-toxion Pads pull toxins out of the circulatory and lymph systems and lock them into the pad. Systemic toxins can play a part in skin problems.
- Balanced Body Supplement - This supplement is taken over a period of ten days, and assists in cleansing the colon. Eliminating waste trapped in the colon reduces the toxin load being absorbed through the colon.
- Natural Digestive Enzymes supplement - This supplement assists with digestion by providing the digestive enzymes needed to digest food, and supporting the bacteria that are also critical to the digestive process. Enhancing this process assists in eliminating toxins.
MagFiltered Water System - Water is critical and the body must be well hydrated. We recommend MagFiltered Water. This water has been through these processes:
- Filtration that remove chlorine and all sediments (Chlorine is a significant drying agent).
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field to break down long molecular chains, making the water more bio-available (i.e.: easier to get into and out of the body’s cells, improving detoxification potential).
- Minerals are left in the water for improved alkalinity vs. distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water. A healthy body is slightly alkaline. Disease can establish itself much more easily in an acidic environment.
Ensure Proper Nutrition: Many health issues can occur as a result of nutritional deficiencies. Having a health issue can increase your nutritional needs, as your body is fighting to regain health.
- Nutritional supplements can help ensure that your body has the nutrition it needs to accomplish the healing and maintenance processes.
- We offer an exceptional line of nutrition supplements that were developed through collaboration with a gifted herbalist, and are made here in the United States to pharmaceutical standards. They contain the most effective ingredients, from the highest quality sources available, to accomplish their targeted purpose. The simple Muscle Response Test outlined on pgs. 16 & 17 of our catalog will help you to choose the supplement(s) that your body needs most. This test method, which is used by the large majority of Herbalists, Naturopathic Physicians and Acupuncturists, allows you to get objective, measurable feedback from your body as to what it needs to optimize its health.
- If you are in the Tri-Cities area, we can do this testing for you. If you are not, you will find that it is simple to do for your self. No special skills are required; just follow the directions on pgs 16 & 17 of our catalog (or on our website).
Cetyl Myristoleate (Primary Ingredient the NHS Ortho-flex Joint Support Supplement )
Far Infra-red Benefits
“Water can make or Break your health”
De-toxion foot pads brochure
Cleveland Clinic’s Website
Chesapeake Pharmaceuticals – ArthroLife
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.