NHS recommendations for High Cholesterol
MAG-Filtered Water - Water is critical and the body must be well hydrated. We recommend MAG-Filtered water. This water has been through these processes:
- Filtration that removes chlorine and all sediments (Chlorine can kill the good bacteria that your digestive system depends on to digest your food, leading to poor nutrient absorption and acid reflux problems).
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field to break down long molecular chains, making the water more bio-available (i.e.: easier to get into and out of the body’s cells, improves joint function).
- Specific to hypercholesterolemia - cholesterol is an important part of the cell wall. When the brain senses a water shortage (dehydration), it commands the body to pull water into the blood stream from the body’s cells. The cells defensively produce more cholesterol to thicken cell walls, in an effort to retain the water they need for their own functions. The smaller molecular clusters allow for more efficient hydration of all the body’s cells and slightly reduced the water intake necessary for healthy body functioning.
- Increased strength & energy (easily demonstrable)
- Lower blood pressure: proper hydration will improve the volume of blood, allowing the blood vessels and capillaries to be fuller, reducing the resistance to blood flow. Dr.Batmanghelidj, in his book Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, states ”When the capillary bed is closed due to lack of blood volume (dehydration) and offers resistance, only an increased force behind the circulating blood will ensure the passage of some fluids through the system”, the result being increased blood pressure.
Recommendation: We recommend drinking the following amount of water each day: body weight in pounds divided by 2 = the number of ounces for daily consumption. For example, a 160 lb. person would drink 80 oz. of water each day.
NHS GarlicComplex - garlic has been Dr. recommended to:
- reduce the LDL cholesterol
- help lower blood pressure
NHS Natural Calcium+ - Calcium allows you to excrete more saturated fat and lowers cholesterol absorption.
The Natural Health Solutions Whole Foods multivitamin/mineral packs for Men and For Women. A deficiency in some vitamins (eg: niacin) and minerals can adversely effect cholesterol levels and a strong antioxidant system is needed to deter the oxidation of cholesterol. These packs contain pharmaceutical grade vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, plus additional nutritional support needed for women’s hormonal health or men’s prostate health, in a convenient daily dose packet.
NHS Nature’s Enzymes – Our digestion support supplement contains plant enzymes that help digest fats and improve overall digestion.
Exercise -- with Cardiostride Weighted Shoes to reduce LDL cholesterol levels, increase HDL levels and maintain cardiovascular health. CardioStrides, which are specially designed and weighted, offer the metabolic benefits of approx. 200 minutes of walking in regular exercise shoes vs. only 30 minutes in CardioStrides. Plus the added benefit of reducing weight.
Integrative Medicine, by Alan Pressman, D.C., Ph. D., and Donna Shelley, M.D., M.P.H.
Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide, by Burton Goldberg, et.al.
Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj
The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies by Dr. Mark Stengler, ND
Attachments: Cholesterol testimonials, Water Can Make or Break Your Health
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.