Understanding Candida (Excerpted from Alternative Medicine - The Definitive Guide by Burton Goldberg)
- It is a form of yeast that is found in the intestinal tract. It is normally kept in check by good bacteria, such as acidophilus.
- When the digestive system becomes compromised, as may happen when taking antibiotics, this balance may be altered, and Candida can proliferate. We can also get antibiotics and steroids from the foods we eat, especially meats.
- When this happens, the Candida becomes pathogenic, transforming into an aggressive fungus.
- This fungus appears to permeate the gastrointestinal mucosal lining (through minute rootlets) and breaks down barriers to the blood stream.
- This allows allergenic substances (e.g.: yeast waste products, toxic debris, partially digested proteins) to penetrate into the blood more easily, and to promote food allergy reactions.
- It is usually best treated as a food allergy.
- Candida produces a number of toxins that can suppress the immune function, and deplete the body of white blood cells needed to fight infection.
- It can also prevent the manufacture of antioxidants.
- Repeated Fungus Infections (e.g.: Jock itch, athletes foot)
- Digestive Problems
- Respiratory Problems
- Fatigue and loss of libido
- Irritation to genitourinary tract, eyes, liver, heart, or nervous system
- In bad cases, it can contribute to autoimmune diseases.
- Common, affecting 1 in 3 people. Resulting from the use of medicines, such as antibiotics, birth control pills, etc.
- Candida likes simple carbohydrates (e.g.: sugars, alcohol)
- Diagnosis is difficult. Commonly confused with psychosomatic problem, and incorrectly treated as a nervous disorder.
- Clues to diagnosis: Symptoms are chronic rather than acute or sudden. Also, if specific symptoms have been previously treated with out success.
- Treating Candidiasis:
- Reduce factors that cause it (e.g.: Sugar intake, antibiotics).
- Improve immune function
- Utilize diet modification, nutritional supplements
- Oxygen therapy
- Recovery usually takes 2 to 6 months
- Avoid sugar in all its forms (e.g.: fruit juices, milk)
- Determine sensitivity to foods containing or promoting yeast (e.g.: bread, vinegar, alcohol)
- Utilize a probiotic supplement to reestablish the proper intestinal balance of good bacteria.
- Garlic is a potent antifungal (up to 4,000 mcg/day or about equal to 1 clove of garlic)
NHS Proteolytic Enzymes, nutritional supplement:
- This is a nutritional supplement, as opposed to a pharmaceutical.
- Our NHS Digestion formula can help aid digestion, promote maximum absorption of nutrients, and provide “friendly” bacteria to your digestive system.
- This product provides the most important ingredients needed for every stage of digestion.
NHS Garlic Supplement:
- Effective as an antifungal.
- Blocks some toxins from being absorbed into the blood stream.
- Also assists in thinning and detoxifying the blood, and allowing it to better circulate.
NHS Immunity Supplement – Nature Shield -- Dramatically improves the body’s immune systems.
- Made up of 14 different types of mushrooms, each with well documented abilities to boost specific aspects of your immune system.
- Immune System Modulator – balances immune system to help it distinguish between good cells and bad cells that should be attacked. Body repairs more effectively.
- See attached Outline of the book Medicinal Mushrooms by Georges M. Halpern, MD, PhD, for more detailed information.
MagFiltered Water System - Water is critical and the body must be well hydrated. Water plays an important factor in ridding the body of excess iron as part of the detoxification process. Water intake should increase when adjustments to the diet and supplements are made to reduce iron absorption. We recommend MagFiltered Water. This water has been through these processes:
- Filtration that remove chlorine and all sediments (Chlorine is a significant drying agent).
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field to break down long molecular chains, making the water more bio-available (i.e.: easier to get into and out of the body’s cells, improving detoxification potential).
- Minerals are left in the water for improved alkalinity vs. distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water. A healthy body is slightly alkaline. Disease can establish itself much more easily in an acidic environment.
Recommendation: Drink one full glass of Mag-water before each meal. This triggers the stomach to secrete an alkaline substance that coats the stomach to protect it during the digestion process. (From Your Body’s Many Cries for Water by Dr. Batmanghelidj)
NHS Men’s and Women’s Nutrition Kits: Balanced nutrition supplementation. Ensures that you get your basic vitamins and minerals in a whole foods form that is very bio-available for the body . Also provides needed antioxidants, prostate health for men (or hormonal support for women in the women’s formula), and Omega 3 fatty acids for cardiovascular health.
Important Note: A simple muscle strength test (using the principles of Applied Kinesiology) can determine if a particular supplement will be beneficial for you. The Natural Health Solutions Center has been certified to perform this non-invasive form of nutrition testing. Its validity is well documented. We would be happy to provide appropriate documentation upon request.
Additional Information Attached:
Mag Water – “Water you drink may make or break your health”
Outline of the book Medicinal Mushrooms by Dr. Georges Halpern
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. The Natural Health Solutions Center does not diagnose health problems or conditions. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.