Supplements Revealed Interviews Episodes 1 to 10
1. Dr. Stephen Gundry – Heart Surgeon, Natural Health Expert
- Foods to avoid (w/ Lectins and Nightshade vegetables)
- Vitamin D: Need 10,000 IU’s/day. Target in blood = 100 ng/ml., Benefits: Anti-aging, Anti-Cancer, Rx: Leaky Gut, Autoimmune issues.
- Omega 3’s critical. Rec. 1000 mg. DHA/day (DHA 1 comp. of Omega 3)
- Enzymes important to digestive health, reducing food allergies.
- Polyphenols (colorful foods, supplements) import. for Vascular Health
- Mushrooms benefit Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Only 6% of health outcomes attrib. to Genes, Balance attrib. to Life Style
2. Dr. Jason Calton - PhD - Nutrition. Fundamental nutrients needed (Min. 36:45)
- Micronutrients critical to health, avoiding nutrient conflicts.
- Key nutrient deficiencies cause disease over time.
- How to reverse Osteoporosis
3. Dr. Bryan Haycock – Nutrition Researcher (Min. 1:09:30)
- Supplement industry & Mfg. is tightly regulated
- Difference between Drugs & Supplements – Drugs are approved by FDA if the benefits outweigh harm. Can make claims based on FDA approval. Supplements can have no risk of harm, but are not allow’d to make claims.
- Supplement Mfg. is also audited by FDA.
- Bacteria in your digestive system critical to you health, 2nd brain.
- Eat more fermented foods, fiber, Probiotics to support digestive health.
- Evan Demarco – Supplement Source Materials Specialist
- How Omega Oils are sourced and measured
- Benefits of Omega 3’s
- Function and benefits of CBD
- Dr. Ann Shippy – Functional Medicine Dr. (Minute 51:00)
- Addressing autoimmune issues
- Importance of Magnesium
- Choline for Brain Function
- John Hewlett – Supplement Formulator (Minute 1:16:00)
- Benefits of Nitric Oxide (NO2), Cardio health
- Vitamin D-3 benefits
- Optimum formulations to benefit human health
1. Dr. Kellyann Petrucci – Swiss trained physician
- Bone Broth for diet, gut health, and overall health
2. Shawn Wells – Supplement formulator (Min. 35:00)
- Fish oil benefits
- PQQ – for Mitochondrial support
- CoQ10, NAD, Vitamin D-3, MCT’s
- Adaptogens – Ashwagandha, Ginseng
3. Tim Skwiat -- CBD Specialist (Min. 1:32)
- 70% of supplements not labeled correctly
- CBD must have less than 0.3% THC
- CBD supports master regulatory system
1. Dr. Edward Group III – Detoxification expert
- 80% improvement common through effective detoxification
- Address Gut health 1st
2. Jane Barlow-Christiansen – Botanical supplement grower (Min 54:30)
- Lomatium for boosting immune function
- Botanical supply industry
3. Robert Craven – Business manager of major supplement Mfr. (Min. 1:12:50)
1. Dr. Chris Shade – Supplement innovations
- Supplements for Detoxification, Metal toxicity
- Importance of Bioavailability
- Benefits of Glutathione, Liposomes, CBD
- Autism, Lyme disease
2. Greg Horne – Supplement Manufacturing Expert (Min 41:30)
- Statins and CoQ10
- Supporting Mitochondria
3. Buck Brisbee – Supplement Marketing Specialist (Min 1:10:07)
- Digestive Health
- Supplement Industry Regulations
- Basic Recommendations for Vitamins & Minerals
1. Tyler LeBaron
- Hydrogen Gas Therapy
- Redox Signaling (inter-cellular communication)
2. Patrick Sullivan – Principle in Supplement Mfgr. (Min. 40:10)
- How they chose to develop certain supplements
- 68% of US Population deficient in Magnesium
- RDA’s of many vitamins & minerals not sufficient for optimal health
3. Lauren Israelson – Development of regs for the supplement Ind. (Min 1:03)
- The 1994 Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act
1. Kiran Krishnan – Micro-Biologist, Probiotics formulator
- Bacteria carry out many necessary body functions.
- Eliminating bacteria creates many problems, incl. allergies
- 50%+ of population may have leaky gut syndrome, causing many health problems. Proper gut bacteria can solve this. Critical to immunity.
2. Jonathan Hunsaker – Founder of a supplement mfg. company (Min. 45:00)
- Synthetic vitamins (like One-A-Day and Centrum) are not very bio-available. Therefore, of very limited benefit.
- Whole Foods based Vitamins of much more benefit, bio-available.
- Fermented and Sprouted ingredients may add to bio-availability.
- Import. of Collegen + Vitamin C w/ age to skin & vascular health.
3. Jonathan Lizotte – Founder of a supplement company (Min. 1:15:40)
- Amazing benefits of Vitamin E – Delta Tocotrienol, incl. weight loss
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar
- Need for Vitamin D supplementation
- Use magnesium for pain
1. Jim Lavelle, R.Ph, CCN – Supplement specialist for Athletes
- Alpha GPC for improved athletic response
- Benefits of Adaptogens (ex: Ashwagandha, Gensing)
- 50% of US population diabetic or prediabetic
- Importance of Magnesium, esp. for diabetes
- Many drugs cause Vitamin & Mineral deficiencies
2. Warren Phillips, M.S. – Detoxification, (Min. 46:30)
- Health issues with heavy metal toxins
- Limitations of standard pharmaceuticals for detoxification
- How to successfully detox multiple toxins, esp. heavy metals
3. Grace Liu, Dr. of Pharmacy, Functional Medicine – Gut Health, (Min. 1:25)
- Problems caused by Antibiotics, direct & in foods
- Lowers Testosterone
- Good vs bad probiotics, benefits
4. Dr. Anna Cabeca, OB-GYN, Women’s Health Specialist, (Min. 1:53:30)
- Addressing menopause issues
- Importance of Omega 3’s, Vitamin D3, K2, Maca
- Benefits of intermittent fasting
- Dr. Patrick Gentempo, the interviewer’s, and Jeff Hayes’, the Videographic Producer’s, discussion on their take-aways from the program’s interviews.
- Dr. Terry Wahls – How she cured her own debilitating MS. (Min. 26:10)
- Failure of pharmaceuticals to stop her decline
- How supplements combined with an effective diet worked.
- Ongoing research she is doing to further this understanding.
3. Ben Greenfield – Fitness & Nutrition Expert, Bio-Hacker (Min. 1:23)
- Importance of Creatine for muscle development and brain function
- Berberine benefits to blood sugar control, diabetics
4. Tom Aarts – Publisher of 1st Supplement Ind. Publication (Min. 1:42:20)
- History of the development of the supplement industry
- Telling good providers from bad ones.
- Cameron George – Recovery - Chronic Fatigue, Autoimmune, Seizures, PTSD
- Failure of pharmaceuticals to help
- Kava Kava’s ability to help recovery, possible use for Autism.
- History and tutorial on Kava Kava and its benefits
2. Dr. Jason Saunders – Chiropractor, Hyperbaric Oxygen specialist (Min. 52:40)
- Benefits of additional oxygen to recovery from many problems.
3. Chandler George – Chiropractor, Medicinal Mushroom expert (Min. 1:23:20)
- Benefits of Medicinal Mushrooms – Adaptogens
- Sourcing of effective mushrooms
- MCT oil benefits to brain function, energy, and weight loss